who we are
Pamoja Project Board of Directors
- Carol Parker, MPH, PhD* Executive Director
Carol Parker founded the Pamoja Project in early 2005 after working as a volunteer in Tanzanian HIV/AIDS projects. She holds an MPH and Ph.D. in Public Health and has spent many years writing on and researching public health issues, both domestic and international. Carol has presented at the International AIDS Conference, spoken on HIV/AIDS in Africa at a variety of other venues in the United States, and developed her targeted research on Tanzanian children who are both orphaned and HIV-infected into the Continuum of Care Model. An avid gardener and music lover, Carol makes her home in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Craig Hale* Craig Hale is passionate about his work- both professionally and with the Pamoja Project. He is happiest doing A/V and IT projects that help his customers and the world.
- Catherine Monserrat, PhD* Catherine first traveled to Tanzania on a volunteer trip in 2005. The Tanzanian people won her heart and engaged her passion. Shortly thereafter, she joined the Pamoja board. Catherine has degrees in Education, Child Development and Clinical Psychology. Much of her professional career has been dedicated to teaching, counseling and writing. She has been privileged to bring these skills to Pamoja’s projects. Currently, Catherine works as a professional development counselor with medical students and residents.
- Nancy Dean Kreger Nancy Dean Kreger is a plein air watercolor artist with a BFA in Visual Design. Marketing is a passion of hers and she helped update Pamoja Project's website. She grew up on a farm, created a regional artisans showroom in Massachusetts and builds energy-efficient custom homes with her husband in Santa Fe.
- Linda Cole
The Pamoja Project Board brings together expertise in health care, psychology, financial management, marketing, art and international relations.
*Have worked in Tanzania at Pamoja Project program sites.
- Lester Hay, AIF (Investment)
- Jeanine Steffy, JD, CPA (Legal)
- Jill Solomon Balazs, MBA (International Finance/Marketing)
WAMATA-Arusha – Tanzanian Based Team
WAMATA-Arusha is a local branch of the national organization that has been providing education and outreach, home-based care, and orphan support to AIDS-impacted families and communities since 1998. The Pamoja Project and WAMATA design programming together. Trained WAMATA staff delivers project components on the ground with careful oversight and mentoring from Pamoja Project personnel.